Rules of Admission through Centralized Admission Process (CAP)
This section briefly explains the various stages and procedure adopted for the CAP. Candidates seeking admission to Engineering/Technology courses are required to appear for JEE (Main) 2015 (Paper 1) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). For the academic year 2015-2016, the Competent Authority for Admissions in the state of Maharashtra shall conduct total Three(3) rounds of Centralized Admission Process (CAP). The CAP shall consist of first two (2) rounds of Centralized Allotment wherein eligible candidates of respective rounds (both Maharashtra and All India) will fill & confirm fresh Online Option forms through their login for respective rounds. The Maharashtra Candidate eligible for All India Seats is required to submit only single option form for both Maharashtra and All India Seats. Third round of CAP shall be conducted by counseling, only for the eligible Maharashtra State candidates.
Major Steps in the Admission through CAP are summarized below:
1. Filling of Online Application Form for Centralized Admission to Engineering/Technology by eligible candidates
2. Document Verification & Confirmation of Online Application form at Application Form receipt Centers(ARCs)
3. Display of Provisional Merit List of candidates who have confirmed the online Application form on website www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in
4. Submission of Grievances (if any) at ARC.
5. Display of Final Merit List of candidates on website.
6. Filling and Confirmation of Option form for Round I by candidate through his/her Login.
7. Display of Allotment of CAP Round I on website.
8. Reporting to respective Institutes as per allotment of CAP Round I
9. Filling of Online Option Form for CAP Round II by candidate through his/her Login.
10. Confirmation of Option form for Round II by candidate through his/her Login
11. Display of Allotment of CAP Round II on website.
12. Reporting to respective Institutes as per allotment of CAP Round II
13. CAP Round-III by counseling and reporting to respective Institute.
A notification giving details such as schedule, procedure of Centralized Admission will be displayed on the website and published in leading newspapers. Details of eligibility for participating in each round of CAP, method of reporting after each CAP round and other details are given in the Annexure-I of this Information Brochure. Availability of seats for each CAP round shall be displayed on the website http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/fe2015 before start of every CAP round. The scheme of allotment through Multiple Rounds and Rules of Reporting presented below is designed to prevent loss of academics and to make the CAP Rounds meaningful and effective rather than formal and ineffective in view of the previous experience of this Directorate as also the facts and figures available with this Directorate as to the seats remaining vacant at the end of each Round(s) and especially at the end of all the Round(s) of such Centralized Allotment Process. The rounds are so designed with the purpose that, maximum vacant seats are filled in, and the candidate gets his desired choice.