- 8408888657/612 email@example.com
ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
It is the Age of Information in which the ECE plays a vital role in almost every field. This contributes to the process of producing efficient and resourceful engineers by embedding the R&D capabilities of the recent trends. The primary objective of the department is to impart quality education, training and research at the undergraduate of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with broad emphasis on design aspects of electronic systems. Here the students are given more practical exposures and innovative methodologies for the design and development in the electronics field, which is the backbone for all Engineering disciplines. It offers an excellent field infrastructure and study environment. It has well qualified and experienced faculty with areas of specialization in communication systems, Signal and Image processing, Embedded systems and Applied Electronics .The well-equipped lab facilities favor individual concentration as there are not more than two or three students in any practical group.
"To create a vibrant educational environment to prepare a technically competent and socially responsible Engineer who can excel in the area of Industry, Academia and R & D to cope up with the changing needs of tomorrow".
- "To impart in-depth knowledge and train the students with the effective teaching learning process and providing research culture to meet ever changing needs of the Industry, profession and society through involvement and commitment of stake holders".
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
- To prepare students to succeed in employment/profession and/or to pursue postgraduate & research education in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering and allied Engineering disciplines. (Preparation)
- To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to formulate, analyze & solve engineering problems related to Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering in particular and Engineering practice in general. (Core Competence)
- To prepare students with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyze, design, create novel systems and solve multidisciplinary problems. (Breadth)
- To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork, and an ability to relate engineering to global perspective issues and social context. (Professionalism)
- To provide student with an academic environment that fosters excellence, ethics, transparency, leadership and promote awareness of life-long learning. (Learning Environment)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge : Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2:Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3:Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4:Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5:Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6:The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7:Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8:Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9:Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10:Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11:Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12:Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.